We are delighted to feature Ashok Sewnarain CEO of International Bank Vaults on the front page as well as on page three of this edition of Business Sense. Ashok is the well deserving winner of the Standard Bank KZN Top Business Personality of the Year award 2021.
Entering awards offer a number of benefits to businesses which should not be easily overlooked. Business awards are validation, recognition, a celebration and great public relations opportunities for businesses. All the Standard Bank KZN Top Business Award 2021 winners of this year’s event are featured in a special insert in this edition. We congratulate all these winners and the finalists on their achievements.
The July edition of Business Sense welcomes some new editorial partners to our existing contributors. These are Melinda Cookson CEO Futurelink Flexible Staffing on page 2 and Thabani Zulu from Stella Lumen on page 14.
Other regular contributors include:
- SLG which not only supplies pipeline and compressed natural gas, but also prides itself in ensuring that its customers use gas optimally. Read more on page 4.
- There is a call for entrepreneurs to enter KZN tourism projects for possible funding and to register for the TIA360 eThekwini Tourism Investment Symposium, which is set to take place in July. See page 4.
- Marlene Powell in Biz Talk Corner who is on hand to assist family run business to create a legacy – page 13.
- Johan van Deventer, Regional Manager KZN, LabourNet who provides some advice around the necessary actions required to manage workplace accidents effectively – page 14.
- Nikita Pillay comments on remuneration, which remains the most critical factor for the attraction, motivation and retention of staff both to and in an organisation – page 15.
- Dr Fareed Amod of Crown Dental Studio who asks the question: Why are regular dental visits considered a luxury? – page 15.
- David White is the South African Chamber of Business in London, South African country chapter leader. He is passionate about growing trade opportunities between South Africa and the United Kingdom. Read more on page 16.
Please take the time to follow the links to see the videos that accompany many of the editorials.