REGENT Business School (RBS) is one of the leading distance learning institutions in Africa. The institution’s philosophy of ‘Disrupt. Rethink. Innovate.’ well reflects its goal to transform higher education.
REGENT Business School focuses on adaptive learning, using technology not only to communicate information, but to improve curricula and adapt to different learning styles. RBS has embraced the “laboritorisation” of learning with innovative iLeadLABs, understanding that you can’t learn 21st-century skills in a 19th-century classroom.
International Academic and Research Linkages
RBS has established academic and research linkages with partner universities and research institutions in Africa, the United Kingdom, Russia, China, and India. In addition, RBS is a member institution of the Pan African and Global Honoris United Universities Network.
These linkages ensure that the RBS staff, students, and alumni are continually exposed to international best practices and expertise from academic, professional, private, public, and civil society sectors from a range of countries across the globe.
Consequently, RBS’s active research focus combined with the wealth of intellectual capital, its qualified and experienced lecturers, and specialised experience in delivering learning programmes, has allowed the institution to design and deliver effective higher education programmes for students both in the public and private sectors.
On Site and Distance Learning
RBS’s campuses are in all major hubs including Durban, Gauteng, Cape Town, East London, and Pretoria, as well as in SADC countries, Swaziland and Namibia.
As many students are unable to attend full time campus programmes, RBS offers flexible delivery options. The supported distance-learning mode of delivery, carefully designed curricula as well as affordable fee structures make RBS programmes a preferred choice for persons in full-time employment in particular.
In response to Covid-19, RBS’s team of thinkers, innovators and implementers have worked tirelessly to guide, nurture and empower students, ensuring that teaching, learning, and collaborating is enabled through webinars, pre-recorded lectures and exercises, and digital tutor interaction. Student support includes:
Student support WhatsApp Bot: A quick-response programme designed to provide instant assistance by providing answers to frequently answered questions.
iLeadLAB creative exercises: The student community loves the free webinars and activities designed to develop skills to nurture innovation.
Counselling: In the true RBS spirit of caring, support extends well beyond the academic, an attentive ear or a virtual shoulder to lean on.
Digital specialist engagement: There are several established digital platforms for students.
Accredited Study Choices
RBS offers an array of study choices, ranging from short courses and higher certificate programmes to MBA’s, postgraduate qualifications, degrees and diplomas. All degrees are locally accredited and internationally recognised. RBS was recently received a major accolade with accreditation for the for a doctorate degree by the Department of Higher Education.
RBS’s programmes cover the areas of business administration, commerce, management and leadership, entrepreneurship, local government, educational management, finance, and human resource.
RBS’s programmes cover the areas of business administration, commerce, management and leadership, entrepreneurship, local government, educational management, finance, human resource management and healthcare management.
Bridging the Gap Between Learning and Work
RBS programmes are designed to be responsive to the current needs of commerce and industry in South and southern Africa, while being sensitive to the rapidly changing global business environment. In addition, graduates must be prepared to excel at jobs that do not yet exist.
One of the institution’s main objectives is to use the potential in information technology to drive RBS into a digital future using the institution’s Employability unit (iLeadLAB) to bridge the gap between education and the demands of the modern workplace.
The academic makerspaces or iLeadLAB’s combines formal discipline-centric education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) immersion, with work-integrated learning, and internship programmes. Through this unit, graduates acquire experiential learning of flexible in-demand skills, as well as acquire future-fit skills and experience, which reduces the education-job mismatch and increases employability.
Graduates must be prepared to excel at jobs that do not yet exist. REGENT Business School meets this need by combining formal discipline-centric education with experiential learning.
Entrepreneurial Skills Development
The REGENT Enterprise Development Hub (REDhub) leverages the business school’s iLeadLABs. REDhub strives to promote impactful entrepreneurial skills development by nurturing resilient entrepreneurs, and supporting ideas and business concepts, to stimulate the growth of small, medium, and micro enterprises (SMMEs).
Entrepreneurs experience the entire process from rapid prototyping and development to finding funding and bringing products to market.
The institution’s alumni base of 7000 is rapidly expanding. RBS’s annual student surveys show that RBS alumni hold executive and leading positions across Africa, the Middle East, Western Europe, and Asia. Further, the current student population of RBS is very representative of the demographic of communities in South Africa and countries in the SADC region.
List of Programmes
Bachelor of Commerce – General NQF 7
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Health Management
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Retail Management
- Digital Leadership
- Business Intelligence
2. Bachelor of Commerce – NQF 7
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Law
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce in Retail Management
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Management- NQF 7
3. Diploma – NQF 6
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Public Relations Management
4. Higher Certificate – NQF 5
- Higher Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Higher Certificate in Healthcare Services Management
- Higher Certificate in Business Management
- Higher Certificate in Accounting
- Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Higher Certificate in Management for Estate Agents
- Higher Certificate in Islamic Finance, Banking and Law
- Higher Certificate in Marketing Management
- Higher Certificate in Retail Management
- Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management
5. MBA – NQF 9
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management
6. Postgraduate Diploma – NQF 8
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Management and Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Islamic Finance and Banking
- Postgraduate Diploma Project Management
- Postgraduate Diploma Digital Marketing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
7. Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree
8. Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management Honours Degree
9. Doctor of Business Administration – NQF 10.
For more information contact:
T: +27 31 3044626